This is a almost exact copy of the TP4056. The only difference is that this board has a better protection IC. Basicly it has a better protection sistem.
The TP4056 module is made for charging rechargeable lithium batteries using the constant-current/constant-voltage (CC/CV) charging method. In addition to safely charging a lithium battery the module also provides necessary protection required by lithium batteries. See below concerning the protection features this module provides.
This module uses the TP4056 Li-Ion charge controller IC and a separate protection IC. There are other types of modules on the market that use the TP4056 but lack any protection circuits or ICs to provide the necessary protection needed with lithium batteries. This module uses both the TP4056 and the DW01A Li-Ion battery protection IC, which together in combination provide the following protection features:
- Manage the constant current to constant voltage charging of a connected lithium battery;
- Over-discharge protection - keeps your battery from being discharged below 2.4V, a healthy minimum voltage level for your battery
If a connected battery has been discharged below 2.4V the module will cut output power from the battery until the battery voltage has been re-charged
above 3.0V (the over-discharge release voltage), which at that time the module will again allow discharge of power from the battery to a connected load.
Although the module cuts output power from the battery during an over-discharge situation, it still allows charging of the battery to occur through the
parasitic diode of the discharge control MOSFET (FS8205A Dual MOSFET).
- Overcharge protection - the module will safely charge your battery to 4.2V
- Overcurrent and short-circuit protection - the module will cut the output from the battery if the discharge rate exceeds 3A or if a short-circuit condition
- Soft-start protection limits inrush current
- Trickle charge (battery reconditioning) - if the voltage level of the connected battery is less than 2.9V, the module will use a trickle charge current of
130mA until the battery voltage reaches 2.9V, at which point the charge current will be linearly increased to the configured charge current.
Includes two indicator LEDs. Red LED indicates charging. Green LED indicates charge complete.
The input voltage should not get over 5V.
NOTE: Due to the nature and characteristics of lithium-ion batteries I'm not responsible or liable for any damages, malfunction, injuries, fire, burns, or any other consequences or results that may occur with incorrect or correct use of this module or any battery, device, or item this module is used with, including following or using any instructions, guidance, or direction of any kind from Addicore or others. By purchasing this product you accept the preceding.
Have fun with it!! :)
Change a batch